Powered By Blogger

To be human means we make mistakes but, it takes a real person to own up to their mistakes and even a bigger person to learn from them and blossom!















About Me

My photo
Pasadena, Texas, United States
I am just a simple, nice, big girl trying to survive in a world made for the thin! Living the snide remarks, the dirty looks, and the laughs of others without being offended or hurt! Thinking to myself "IF THEY COULD ONLY WALK IN MY SHOES FOR A MILE! tHEY WOULD GET IT!"

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting ready to head out the door to go see the cardiologist. Hope it is good news. I get closer and closer to my surgery date and feel the nerves just building! It feels like a coke hen you shake it up ready to explode! That's how I feel inside!I am ready for a major change in life and health! I hate being home! Stuck doing the same mundane things day in and day! I am a people person and miss working in the public! Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about my life...just the same activities I repeat! I don't take none of them for granted. As for I use to not be able to do most of them. Now I can! So gratitude is a very large part of my life now.
A very close friend of mine became involved with someone recently. It sparked this person to make changes in their lives as well, but my question is this?
Why must you wait till that significant other comes along to make a change? Why not do it for yourself? The reward for this would be greater don't you think?
I personally am on a selfish journey to a healthier me! It is for me! So I may live longer, perform as a citizen better, and be a better mother to my child. My child is a funny little man! He just celebrated his 9th birthday on this past Saturday and he had fun. The thing that makes me laugh is now that he is 9, he thinks he is too cool for public affection from me. It never bothered him before...why now? Boys...Who understands them. I love even more than when I first held him! Looking at him is inspiration enough for me to battle out all this and triumph at the end!
I found a website that can help people with suggestions to a healthy diet and lifestyle. It is called Spark people. If you go under google and type on calorie counters it should pop up. It has fitness suggestions, meal suggestions and even helps you track your caloric intake to caloric burn. I found it to be a help lil tool. Maybe someone else would like to go on and try it or not whatever works for you.
I missed 2 classes of swimming (aerobics) and missed a day of walking last week. This week I am doing very well thus far! Can't wait till summer vacation starts for my son! We will get to be out and about more often. I know this will help me to burn more calories and get in more fitness. So with that I must say till later I am off to the doctors to see how my progress is coming. Tell you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment