Powered By Blogger

To be human means we make mistakes but, it takes a real person to own up to their mistakes and even a bigger person to learn from them and blossom!















About Me

My photo
Pasadena, Texas, United States
I am just a simple, nice, big girl trying to survive in a world made for the thin! Living the snide remarks, the dirty looks, and the laughs of others without being offended or hurt! Thinking to myself "IF THEY COULD ONLY WALK IN MY SHOES FOR A MILE! tHEY WOULD GET IT!"

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13,2010...Today thus far has been a good day for me. Not great just good. Full of activity and running around. I did some grocery shopping and what normally took me 30 minutes to do before now takes me 1hour and 30 minutes. I started reading labels! You would be surprise to find what goes into some of the food we consume. I made a new rule for myself. If it sounds like a chemistry lab then don't eat it! Too much sodium, don't eat it! Too much sugar?Don't eat it! Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of foods i will eat but it has incorporated a lot more fresh fruit and veggies. No red meat! I am not a fan of red meat(bad experience!)My goal to become more active is staying true. I feel the difference in my mobility! I just wish i could see the difference in the scale too! I'm sure that will come soon too! I don't know what compelled me to talk about what I did yesterday but I did and now I feel better about it! You know I am a fan of Ruby Gettinger. She said something that made me think! She said that we all have to know why we have issues with food. I've learned that mine was for comfort! I do not consume large portions. My downfall was that I love to cook and eat at the same time! I love to entertain and always nibbling here and there can add up especially if it is fatty foods and your calorie burn isn't burning even half of what you intake. That plus years of fad dieting, all of that has killed my metabolism. So now with my cancer I don't have the luxury of losing the weight on my time. TIME!!! Something I don't have a lot of right now. Each passing day is another day this stuff grows inside of me. So when they told me that I had to get a gastric bypass I was reluctant to do so but eventually gave in. Now I am struggling to take off the 30lbs required to do this surgery. I have 6months to complete this without postponing my surgery. Wish me luck! I know I will complete this and even more if try hard enough! I will.....

No comments:

Post a Comment